- increases circulation
- slows breathing
- equalizes blood pressure
- enhances immunity by stimulating lymph flow
- enhances your mood, releasing feel-good endorphins into your system
- creates chemical changes that reduce pain and stress throughout the body. Cortisol, which is produced when you are stressed, is reduced after massage.
- reduces anxiety and lessens depression
- reduces withdrawal symptoms in adults trying to quit smoking
- helps athletes of any level prepare for and recover from strenuous workouts
- helps to decrease pain from fibromyalgia, migraines and recent surgery
Children who were massaged every day by their parents were more likely to stick to their medication and diet regimens, which helped reduce their blood glucose levels. (So it might help you follow your inner wisdom too.)
Contact me to schedule an appointment.